Thursday, January 15, 2015

Big Boys Toys

My father in law got a 91 Dodge 4x4 diesel when it was a year old.  He and I traveled all over Texas and New Mexico in that truck, mostly pulling a bass boat headed to or from some tournament.  Now, that man was my best friend for over 20 years (until fucking alzheimers stole him from me), but he couldn't drive for shit.  So, it was usually my ass sitting in the drivers seat.  He's in a home now, and he doesn't have any idea who I am and can't remember the hundreds and hundreds of incredible times we had, but I still have that truck.  It still has the original paint on it, so it kinda looks like a dalmation, but that's being remedied Johnny Cash Style ( one piece at a time and black).  So far I have the roof, the hood, and both doors done, with plans to tackle the front fenders this weekend.  I'll bet that truck has at least 300k miles, and I plan on getting at least that many more out of it.  All three of my boys grew up riding in that truck, and hopefully It'll still be around for me to pass down. Anyhow, the picture below is one that looks damn near exactly like my truck, and if I ever git er done, I'll post some pics to amaze and inspire you all.  Say a prayer tonight for my father in law and anybody else suffering from that shitty, fucked up disease, and while your at it, throw up a thanks for memories you can hold on to.



2 comments:

  1. Keep on coal rollin' and piss off a Democrat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love Rollin past a Prius at full throttle!

      Delete